Saturday, June 25, 2011

God is in the audience

Hello Spectacular! Welcome to my first post! I am sooo looking forward to connecting with you on this journey of growth!!

I am starting this blog because I am no longer be willing to be small. I am willing to be SPECTACULAR which, to me, means facing my fears, testing my strength and will-ing myself into my God-given purpose. This step feels huge but I am going with it, trusting as I go as if carefully testing the strength of a hammock before throwing my whole weight into it.

This is especially important as I have a tendency to jump in with both feet. When I was 12, I jumped onto my new plastic blue skateboard, flew off the back, launched the skateboard into the air and landed on my elbows!

Now when I rollerblade I wear elbow pads, knee pads, wrist pads and a helmet. This embarrasses my oldest son to death! (Secretly, the geekier I am, the more he loves it!) My youngest son doesn't seem to mind my Darth Vader-like appearance. He just breaks into song, happily humming the theme from Star Wars. 

This is where Roger, my SO, would chime in if he could to tell you about the time I wore a bike helmet to protect myself when I climbed a ladder to clean out the gutters on my house. He would have given anything to see the neighbors' response! But that's another story ...


Seriously though, I have to tell you that I've been getting the taste of my real strength lately - so much so that I know that I could finally sing in a band. My desire to sing in a band has always been like a fine wine with a sign: Good with fear.
So what has changed, you ask? My perspective. It's about living for God, caring only about what He thinks.

So, join me, if you will, go forth and BE SPECTACULAR! And remember: God is in the audience!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Kari! I'm here! So thrilled to see the beginnings of this beautiful, sacred space. It's all yours! To do as you please!

    I'm celebrating with you, dear friend.

    Congratulations! And I can't wait for more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari! With all the summertime craziness, I completely missed this post until now!

    "It's about living for God, caring only about what He thinks."

    I love this...God being our audience and caring only about what He thinks...such a perfect, beautiful way to live.

    So looking forward to hearing all about this wild, sacred journey your own.

    Congratulations for getting this space up & running! I'm so happy to be along for the ride...

    With love,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S: Did you know that I'm a Pisces too? Not surprising we're the same sign!

    ReplyDelete